Saturday, September 7, 2013

Greetings from Sunny California!


     It's a little too sunny here for my taste, like 100+ degrees sunny every single day since I came back from Illinois, but I suppose I shouldn't complain! I am very ready for hot apple cider, warm fuzzy socks, and shivering in the cool California winter evenings. Until then, I'll just have to sweat it out!
    These last few weeks have been chock- full of teaching and researching and trying to find time to spend with the various families I meet through my English classes.  I started teaching a brand new English class (of about 7 students from Iran) and I will begin planning events at my new apartment complex soon.
    Pray for the new book we're about to publish at the end of the year and the others to follow!  The book will be a compilation of all the research I've been working on since I've come here! (Very exciting!)
    Now for some pictures! :D

 
When I went home to visit my family in August, my dad put me to work building a new addition to their new house!
                                                                    Home sweet corn fields! :)
                                                       Birthday date with my beautiful cousin!
               I soaked in as much of the gorgeous scenery as I could! Don't take wide open spaces for granted!
                                                              My mom's dog, Benny!
We celebrated my sister's 16th birthday and had a blast!  On her bday, we took her to Chicago to visit a college she is interested in! Then they dropped me off at the airport :(
 My dear friends took me to grab some dinner after my long flight!  I missed Asian food the two weeks I was home! 
A booth at an Eid festival downtown.  I chatted with people at the booth for quite a while about my faith and theirs. It was a good reminder that it is better to be humble and win the person, rather than prideful and just win an argument.
There was an Arabic Church Conference last weekend and I had the privilege of leading the toddler class!  We had lots of fun pretending to be walruses! 
We are finally (after four months) settled into our new apartment! Our books and decorations are unpacked and finally on the wall!