Monday, April 28, 2014

From San Francisco to Mexico to Nebraska and BACK! Three months of adventure!

I could have sworn I've written a blog since January. Alas, yet another failed New Year's resolution! ;-) Well from the title of my blog, I've obviously been busy!  I'll break it down by month!

February:
In addition to the normal business of book writing and ESL teaching at my church, I was able to go to a conference up in San Francisco to learn more about what the Father is doing all over the world.  It was a great weekend and a fun way to spend Valentine's day with my friends! The day after I got back, I started my NEW JOB!!! As many of you know, I stopped teaching ESL in LA twice a week and I was in need of some additional income. The Lord has more than provided a wonderful place for me to work not even 10 minutes from my house!  I teach ESL to international students 5 days a week in the mornings and I love it.  It's challenging and I have many opportunities to build relationships.
NEW JOB!!! AHHHH!!!

Look familiar?? Ever watch Full House? This is where they have their picnic in the opening credits! 
Some yummy San Francisco Brunch! :) 
March:
     March started off with a trek to Mexico with me and our youth pastor to check out where we'd be leading a group from our church at the end of the month.  We figured between the two of us, we could muster up enough Spanish to figure things out.  We only got lost once and we found the place we were staying with ease.  It was a fun little adventure and I got to practice Spanish! At the end of the month, we took 9 people just across the border to work with a local church.  It was a great trip and we all learned a lot.  Most of our team was under 19, so it was a good first cross-cultural experience for them.  
In the middle of the month, I had a surprise visit from none other than my very own Daddy! He came to hang out during my spring break from school and we had a great time! (see pictures!) 
Crossing the border!! Typically it takes a minimum of 2 hours... when we brought our team back to the US, it took 20 minutes!! 


Very cool soda in Big Bear!

Road tripping up to Big Bear Mountain! We went zip lining! 

Visiting the USS Midway

Cap'n Daddy!

Woo hoo!! Zip lining was SO fun, I'd definitely recommend it!

April: 
   I began April in Mexico and ended it in Nebraska! After our Mexico trip, I got right back to work teaching ESL and began volunteering with a tutoring program at another community similar to the one in which I used to live.  It was an opportunity that our church stumbled upon after a government-funded tutoring program lost their funding midway through the semester.  It has been great getting to know the kids!  During Easter weekend, my dear friend from high school visited me and the weekend after I was able to go to Nebraska and celebrate the marriage of two other dear friends.  
Decorating MONSTER Easter Eggs!! :)

Visiting Little Tokyo! (We saw nearly all of LA in one day!)

Drum Circles really are the best... especially in Venice!


I woke up (miraculously) for Sunrise Service on Easter.. Hello Moon! :)

Bye bye California... hello Nebraska!

Bridesmaids! 

My lovely friend... the Bride!

A gorgeous Nebraska Sunset and blossoming tree... Oh I miss the Midwest sometimes

I got to visit some dear friends in Omaha on my way to the airport and we got very YUMMY ice cream! 

A trip down the slide in Gene Leahy Mall Park!